Jump to navigation Jump to search
Here's some software I've decided to let out to the world at large. As always, use at your own risk, and send me any comments you have.
Darwin aka MacOS X
- ipcs/ipcrm for Darwin: Provides two missing utilities ported from FreeBSD.
- Perfmon for MacOS X: Provides access to the PowerPC performance counter registers, largely made redundant by Apple releasing CHUD Tools.
- iotools: Two simple programs to test sequential (fblckgen) I/O performance (eg tape drives) and random (iohammer) I/O performance.
- headntail: Simple Perl script to trim a given number of lines from the start and end of one or more files, or stdin.
- logmon: Simple Perl script that reads stdin and generates cycled, optionally line timestamped and optionally compressed files.
- lp_check: Perl script to submit a BSD LPD long status query to a given host and queue.
- renamefiles: Perl script to bulk rename files. Supports changing case, Perl regex style renames, and optionally recursive.