Thai Coconut Milk Soup with Chicken
Often called "Tom kha gai", "Kai tom kha" or similar variations (Thai: ต้มข่าไก่).
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2-3 medium pieces fresh galangal, peeled and sliced
- 3 chicken breast fillets (cut into small pieces or strips)
- 2 teaspoons chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 5 coriander leaves for garnish
- Add coconut milk, chicken stock and galangal in a pan.
- Bring to boil and simmer over low heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken pieces and chilli to pan, simmer for another 6 minutes. Continue stirring until cooked and all ingredients mixed well.
- Season with fish sauce and sugar. Stir in some coriander leaves. Before serving, garnish with remaining coriander leaves.