Thai Ginger Chicken
Thai-style Ginger Chicken, often written as "Kai phat khing", "Pad king gai" or similar variations (Thai: ผัดขิงไก่).
- 400g chicken, cut into medium size pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup red chillies, cut diagonally
- 3 tablespoons finely sliced ginger
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 spring onions, cut into 1" long sections
- coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- cooking oil
- Heat oil in a wok. Add garlic and stir fry until golden.
- Add chicken and stir fry until nearly cooked, then add fish sauce, soy sauce and oyster sauce and stir until it begins to bubble.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir fry until the chicken cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve immediately with hot steamed rice.